Monday, April 22, 2013

Goals

There are some things in my life that I would like to achieve.  They always say that the first step is to write it down and refer to your list often.  This is to help you stay motivated.  Well by writing on here I'm hoping it will keep me honest and reach my goals.  I want to work on becoming a yoga instructor, know more about gardening, and be better at practicing my Portuguese.

I believe I have taken a very large step towards achieving my goal by signing up for classes this fall of 2013.  These classes are one semester long and I would have my 200 hour instructors license and meet the requirements for yoga alliance.  I was in debate of whether to go back to school for a bachelors in landscape architecture or the yoga teacher training.  I thought about it long and hard and the yoga is what I want to do. From my first class my Freshman year in college to now I have come to love yoga and the personal progress it has brought within myself.  I would love to be able to share this growth with others.  To help others realize that there is so much more to yoga then the asanas (poses).   You have the opportunity to grow spiritually and become comfortable with yourself.
I am hoping to sign up to volunteer at the local botanical gardens.  They will teach you how to garden and hopefully I can learn about the plants there as well.  By doing this I get to fulfill both of my passion this year, by volunteering and learning more about gardening as well as taking the classes to become a yoga instructor.
I have taken a Portuguese class and understand the dynamics of the language but my vocabulary is very low. I know that the only way to expand my vocab is to practice, practice, practice.  My husband and I are planning on going to Brazil this winter and we will be seeing a lot of his family.  I hope to be better by that time so that I may be able to speak with them, instead of just standing in the background.

These are some of my goals and now you all know.  I hope to keep you updated on my progress.  I would like to post pictures of asanas in yoga maybe some photos of my yard that I am currently working on.  I guess on top of all these other goals I should have the goal of being better with this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment